Getting The Most Out Of Your Holiday Lighting Take Downs
Do you have a take down strategy? Seasonal Source shares these helpful take down tips to help you grow your business:
Lock in Next Year's Jobs
The perfect time to secure repeat business for the next season is when you are taking the lights down. Ask the homeowner what they did or didn't like about this year's design. Is there anything they'd like to change, add, or get rid of?
Ask the homeowner "When would you like me to come back next year?" or "If it's okay with you, I'll plan on getting a hold of you in October to schedule a time to re-install your lights" or you could even set a date at that exact moment and change it later, if needed.
Charge to Store Your Customers' Products
Run the numbers and, if it makes sense, offer to store your customers' lights until the next holiday season. Charge a fee to do so. If you choose to do this, here are a few tips:
- Keep product in bins and boxes labeled with the customer's name and information - make sure these bins are stored in a safe place out of the way.
- Test product to make sure it's still working before you store it away.
- Make sure to correctly bundle light strands so they don't get tangled.
- Don't forget to keep a written file of what product belongs to each customer.
- Some contractors find it useful to keep a picture of the design each year in that same file.
By spending a little extra time during your take downs this year, you can increase your holiday lighting revenue for 2019. For questions about holiday lighting please stop by an Automatic Supply location or contact us.
Posted on Mon, January 7, 2019
by Caitlyn Braegelmann