5 Ways To Sell During Blowouts
With the seasons changing quickly, it's blowout time again. Change the way your crews call on your customers during this time of the year to increase revenue and diversify your business. Here are 5 ideas on how to turn your blowouts into sales calls.
1. Talk Wi-FI - Smart home technology is quickly increasing in popularity and irrigation control is no exception. Make sure your crews are comfortable giving a quick 5-minute overview of the benefits of wi-fi technology and have the ability to show the available apps on their phone or a tablet. Run an end of the year promotion to give customers further incentive to have the technology installed during your slow season using this promotional flyer.
2. Do a Visual Inspection - Spring startups are obviously the ideal time to do a complete check of your customers' irrigation systems, however, visual inspections can be useful during blowouts to suggest larger changes in their system such as layout adjustments or potential new zones for the addition of flower beds and gardens.
3. Light It Up - Doing a blowout in a higher-end location? Ask the customer if you can set up a landscape lighting demo for them at the same time. Using a demo kit from your favorite manufacturer, easily set up the demo during the day and come back at night for the presentation. If the customer seems interested, offer to leave the demo system at their home for a few days. Neighbors will quickly inquire when the lights are removed and the customer will notice the huge difference after getting used to having their landscape and house nicely lit.
4. Warm It Up - Allow your customers to use their outdoor spaces throughout the seasons with heat offerings. Our full line of patio heaters are great for both residential and commercial applications. We also carry fire boulders, an attractive way to add a fire feature to any yard or commercial space.
5. Deck The Halls - With color changing holiday lights, it is now considered completely acceptable to install lights as early as October 1st. These lights can be used to show festivity for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years all over the span of 3 months. Our holiday lighting offering also includes attractive wreaths, garlands, and more to really help your customers make a holiday statement. Get your holiday lighting order in by October 31st to take advantage of special discounts here.
Posted on Mon, October 8, 2018
by Caitlyn Braegelmann